The Kiwanis Club of Statesboro and the Statesboro Regional Art Association encourage area artists to enter quality two-dimensional art in the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair’s Fine Arts Exhibit. Art will be displayed in the Arts & Crafts Building during the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair, and will be judged. Winners will receive recognition for awards.
Registration: Digital registration of art entries opens at the end of August (TBA).
Check In Art: Saturday, October 14, 2023 9 AM – 2 PM at Fairground’s Main Entrance.
Check Out Art: Sunday, October 22, 2023 1 PM – 4 PM. Last day/time to pick up awards and artwork.
Opening: The Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair opens Monday, October 15, 2023, from 4PM to midnight.
– Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair General Rules and Regulations. –
All exhibitors are required to read and abide by the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair General Rules and Regulations.
Open only to artists from Georgia counties: Bryan, Bulloch, Candler, Evans, Jenkins, Screven and Tattnall. Art teachers in area schools are encouraged to collect artwork of their students for submission. Information for entering collections of student art will be sent to art teachers in area schools late August.
There is no entry fee for submitting Art.
Pre-register online using FairEntry which creates an identification tag to be attached to the hanging wire on the back of the frame. Pre-registering will allow artists to use the express line to pick up entry tags at check-in, minimizing delays. Artists without computers may register on site but must wait until a tag is created and printed for each art piece being submitted. Expect delays if registering on site.
Art Teachers submitting student artwork are strongly encouraged to pre-register their entries through FairEntry to create hang tags for identification of each student’s art. Tags attached at check-in at Fair.
Please read the help pages and watch the video in the “FairEntry” link before registering.
Registration link: FairEntry.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
All entries must be checked in by 4 PM on Saturday, October 14, 2023 to be included in the competition and considered by the judges.
All artwork and awards must be picked up by 4PM on Sunday, October 22, 2023. Unclaimed artwork and awards are forfeited.
Rules for all Entries:
All artwork submitted must be:
DECENT (appropriate for family viewing*)
RECENT (created in the last 5 years for Adults, 3 years for Youth and High School)
ORIGINAL (not done in a class/workshop setting, not a replication)
NEW (never previously displayed at the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair)
FRAMED (stretched canvas may be gallery wrapped instead, staples on reverse.)
WIRED for hanging
Framing and wiring exceptions for Youth and High School submissions are defined below.
Additional Rules specific to each level are presented in the descriptions below.
*Unsuitable subject matter is defined in “Legal” section below.
Judging and Awards:
Judges will be appointed by the Fair Committee and the Statesboro Regional Art Association. Decisions of the Judges are final.
Exhibits are judged by comparison and on a competitive basis. Where there is only one article exhibited under any division, the judge will use his/her discretion to award/ not award first or second place honors.
Premiums will be paid by awards as recorded in the judges’ Record Books, not by ribbons. (Ribbons are sometimes attached by mistake, misplaced or lost.)
Premiums can be picked up at the Fair Office Prize Window after 4 pm starting on Tuesday, October 17, 2023 and during Fair opening hours after that.
Every reasonable precaution will be taken to safeguard exhibits, but the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair and the Statesboro Regional Art Association (SRAA) assume no responsibility for loss or damage incurred. We recommend that artists carry their own insurance.
No accepted entry may be withdrawn prior to the close of the exhibition.
In the event circumstances beyond our control so disrupts our planned schedules as to necessitate curtailment of activities and operations, Fair Management reserves the right to close the Fair.
The Fair Committee and the Statesboro Regional Art Association (SRAA) reserve the right to reject any artwork submitted if it is objectionable. This includes, but is not limited to images of nudity, graphic violence, profanity, drugs, and inappropriate images.
Decisions of the Kiwanis Ogeechee Fair Committee and/or the members of SRAA are final.
Youth Levels (Students 17 years of age or younger, in grades Pre-K through Grade 8)
- Special Needs Youth
- Pre-K/ Kindergarten/ Grade 1
- Grades 2-3
- Grades 4-5
- Grades 6-8 – Middle School
Youth Level Rules: Pre-K – Grade 8
- No fee to enter artwork.
- Any 2-dimensional media made be submitted
- Art Teachers or Parents may submit one entry per youth or student, due to limited space for display.
- No Frames needed for Youth Art entries.
- Youth entries will be stapled to the pegboard racks for display.
- Art must be on lightweight paper that can be stapled easily.
- Paper 8 ½” x 11” is recommended. 11”x14” paper is maximum size.
- If matted, the maximum size is 18” x 24” including mount board or mat.
- Original works only, no paint-by-numbers, or computer outline printouts.
- Student’s name, grade and school must be printed legibly on front of each artwork.
- Art teachers may enter the collective artwork for their students online through FairEntry, following the group entry rules in letters sent to area schools in the fall.
High School Divisions (Grades Levels 9-12)
- Digital Art
- Other 2D art, collage, mixed media, etc.
High School Level Award Ribbons. No cash premiums
- First Place
- Second Place
- Third Place
- Honorable Mention
High School Level Rules Grades 9 -12
- High School students may enter only one piece of art in any High School Division,
- High School students may enter in multiple divisions.
- For example: a student in high school could enter one watercolor and one drawing and one photograph for exhibition and judging.
- Each grade level will be judged separately with several ribbons awarded within each grade.
- Dry media such as pastel, pencil, or charcoal should be framed under glass or plexiglass or sprayed with sealer. Artworks on paper should be framed under glass or matted and displayed in a plastic sleeve.
- Art must not exceed a measurement of 36” x 48” including mat and/or frame
- High School Art can be wired for hanging. No saw tooth brackets or improvised hangers. Wire must be attached securely on the back of the frame or canvas. High school art on paper or matted will be stapled to racks for display.
- Student’s name, grade, and school must printed legibly on the front of the art or be attached to the back of the art.
- On-line submission through FairEntry registration creates an identification tag for each entry. The tag will be attached to the hanging wire on the back of each artwork upon delivery to the Fairground.
- Artists or Teachers should keep the removable portion of the tag to pick up artwork at the close of the Fair.
- Art Teachers may collect, register on-line, and deliver High School students’ entries. High School students not in art classes may enter their own work online following the same rules outlined for High School entries.
For adult entrants who are 17 years of age or older, and are no longer high school students.
- Digital Art
- Other Two-dimensional art: collage, tempera, mixed media
- Kiwanis Heritage Awards for artwork (any 2D medium) and photographs depicting life in southeast Georgia, past or present.
Fine Art entries must be two-dimensional art media, ready to hang with wire hangers firmly attached to the back of the paintings. Entries without appropriate wire hangers may be disqualified from exhibition and competition. There is no surface to display propped or table-top or desk-top art.
- Adult Entrants may submit only one entry per Division. Entrants, however, may submit in multiple Divisions. For example, adult artists may enter one oil painting, one pastel, and one photograph. There are no entry fees to submit art,
- Art must be framed. However, paintings on stretched canvas may be presented without a frame if the painting continues around the edges (no bare canvas) and staples are visible only on the reverse side.
- Art, framed or unframed, must be wired for hanging. No saw tooth brackets or improvised hangers. Wire must be attached securely on the back of the frame or canvas stretcher about 1/3 of the height below the top so the wire arches just below top. No taping of the wires to the back of the art is allowed.
- Art must not exceed a measurement of 36” x 48” including mat and/or frame.
- Dry media such as pastel, pencil, or charcoal should be framed under glass or plexiglass or sprayed with sealer. Artworks on paper should be framed under glass or plexiglass or mounted and sealed.
- Artists may attach a business card to the lower left front of the painting/frame. The card may show the artist’s contact information and (in small print) “for sale” or “NFS” (Not for Sale). Do not post a price. Sales will be between the artist and buyer privately. If sold, artwork will remain in the Exhibit until Check Out time. During Judging, all identifying information will be covered on each painting.
- On-line submission through FairEntry registration creates an identification tag for each entry. The Division category cannot be changed by the artist after FairEntry. The tag is attached to the hanging wire on the back of each artwork upon delivery to the Fairground. Artists should keep the removable portion of the tag to pick up artwork at check-out on Sunday1-4PM October 23.
Adult Divisions Awards
For each Adult Division and Level, ribbons and cash prizes will be awarded:
- First Place… Blue Ribbon… $25.00
- Second Place…Red Ribbon… $20.00
- Third Place… White Ribbon…$15.00
Kiwanis Heritage Divisions (Adults)
Theme: Southeast Georgia Heritage – any 2-dimension art medium
“Heritage” is defined as ‘inherited property or traditions handed down from one’s ancestors or the past’. Artwork must depict life in southeast Georgia, past or present. Subject matter must depict/include some aspect of human presence, past or present. Any 2-D Adult Division Fine Art medium is acceptable.
Kiwanis Heritage Fine Art Division: Adult
Minimum size 9” x 12” without mat or frame. All rules for Adult Entries apply.
- First Place Heritage Award 2D Fine Art…. .. Blue Rosette… $125.00
- Second Place Heritage Award 2D Fine Art….Red Rosette…. $75.00
- Third Place Heritage Award 2D Fine Art….. .White Rosette… $50.00
Kiwanis Heritage Photography Division: Adult
Minimum size 8” x 10” without mat or frame. All rules for Adult Entries apply.
- First Place Heritage Award photography…… Blue Rosette… $50.00
- Second Place Heritage Award photography…Red Rosette… $25.00
- Third Place Heritage Award photography… White Rosette. $10.00